The Semrush Affiliate Program is now on Impact!
Semrush is an online visibility management platform ensuring businesses get measurable results from online marketing. Trusted by over 7,000,000 marketers worldwide, with 45+ tools and seamless integration with Google and task management platforms, Semrush offers solutions for SEO, PPC, content, social media, and competitive research.
As a member of the Semrush Affiliate Program, you can earn commission on every step and benefit from last-click attribution with 120 days of cookie life!
Our commission model is flat but very generous: earn $200 for every new Semrush subscription sale; $10 for every new trial activation; and $0.01 for every new signup!
This means that:
When your referral registers an account on semrush.com through your affiliate link, you get $0.01.
If the referral activates a Semrush trial, you get $10.
When the referral purchases any paid Semrush subscription (either monthly or annual), you get $200!
That’s why you earn on every target action your referrals make on semrush.com!
Please kindly note that we review all applications on Impact only once and we may not provide a detailed response on a declined application.
A reason for a decline is indicated in a notification that is sent to an affiliate after we check the application.
The following points should help you find out more about the approval process:
- We have an increased focus on how a website/social media profile is built, its traffic sources, how often content is posted and updated, if the content is relevant if and there is an audience overlap for Semrush promotion.
- We suggest signing up with an email address that matches your website’s domain name.
- We do not approve applications that are based on email strategy only to avoid spam promotions.
- We do not approve applications based on paid advertising only to avoid any fraud/unwelcome traffic.
Joining the Semrush Affiliate Program is fast and easy!
Don’t have an account on Impact? Simply fill in the sign-up form and click on the “Sign up” button at the bottom of the page. You can also sign up with your social network account.
If you already have an account on Impact, simply click on “Log in” at the top of the page.
After that, we’ll receive your application and review it during the business week as quickly as possible. You will receive a confirmation or decline notification in your email inbox. Normally, it can take us up to 2 working days to review your application.
If you’re having trouble signing up, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a member of the Semrush Affiliate Program, you don’t need to worry about the promo material.
Everything is pre-designed: links, banners, and videos. So, all you have to do is to choose the promo and simply copy the code.
You are not obliged to have a website to effectively promote Semrush, however, most of our partners do have them. They write detailed reviews on their blogs, share use cases or create comparison articles.
Our affiliates also use different social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Digital marketing experts and SEO gurus create great educational materials like webinars, workshops and courses.
Freelancers and agencies confidently recommend Semrush to their clients and show them how it works.
There are a lot of other promo methods that you could use in your affiliate strategy.
Please do not forget that you are obliged to put an affiliate disclosure on each page containing Semrush affiliate links. The disclosure must comply with the FTC requirements.
It's a great advantage for you if you have used Semrush yourself, because you already know the product and could probably name your favorite Semrush tool without missing a beat. However, you are not required to be a Semrush customer in order to be a part of the Affiliate Program.
In 2009 (and in later updates), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) placed guidelines for how affiliates and influencers should promote products and services to reduce consumer deception.
If you are an affiliate marketer and promote the products and services of companies that are based in the USA, the UK or Canada, you need to know what the FTC requirements for affiliate disclosure are and why they are so important.
Semrush is one of those companies as our HQ is in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. Hence, as our affiliate, you are obligated to follow the FTC guidelines when using Semrush affiliate links.
We do not approve applications that are based on paid advertising only in order to avoid any fraud or unwelcome traffic.
We allow paid advertising if an affiliate has driven good affiliate traffic via other promo activities like content publishing, social media promo, consulting services, courses, etc.
Direct affiliate link advertising is not allowed without our written permission.
You cannot use and/or mention in any way: the Semrush or brand names or trademarks of other companies as a keyword in your advertising campaigns across any search engines, including any misspellings in the brand name or trademark.
Since the Semrush Affiliate Program is hosted on the Impact network, you withdraw your affiliate commission according to Impact’s payment processing. It is very flexible and you can customize your payment method (Electronic Funds Transfer or PayPal) and schedule a specific payout day each month or simply get paid upon reaching a set threshold.
The minimum threshold starts with $50.
Being an affiliate of any brand involves the responsibility of sharing accurate and reliable information and also complying with the company's legal guidelines. There are some restricted activities you should be aware of in order to be eligible to take part in the Semrush Affiliate Program:
- You cannot promote Semrush on any gambling websites, websites with adult/hate/violent/defamatory content, or any other content that is considered offensive or inappropriate;
- You cannot use and/or mention in any way: (i) the Semrush brand name as a keyword in your PPC campaigns across any search engines, including any misspellings in the brand name; (ii) brand names or trademarks of other companies as a keyword in your PPC campaigns across any search engines, including any misspellings in the brand name or trademark.
- You cannot use and/or mention in any way the Semrush brand name in the domain name of your website, including any misspellings of the brand name;
- You cannot distribute any misleading or incorrect information and market Semrush trials as discount offers/coupons;
- You cannot spam or send emails to lists or groups that you do not have permission to send them to.
- You will not receive commission for self-referrals. You are also not allowed to refer the company you are employed by and receive commission for that.
- The Semrush product may not be provided or made available, either directly or indirectly, in Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Myanmar, Syria, Cuba or any other country subject to U.S. trade sanctions.
- You should not use any marketing practices that may attract clients that are not in good standing.
- You should not engage in any behaviors that are fraudulent, abusive, or harmful to the company, website or the affiliate program.
- You may not represent, state, position and/or use any means to create the impression that you are our official reseller and/or exclusive partner.
- You shall not use the Semrush logo without our prior approval.
If you are a third-party consultant or agency and you'd like to refer your clients to Semrush, then we have a special affiliate workflow for you. Please ask us at email@example.com for more details.
Affiliate Links & Promo materials
An affiliate link is a link that leads to any page on the Semrush website and contains your affiliate unique parameter in it. Without it inside any of your affiliate links, it is not possible to track any result from your promotional activities.
In our affiliate program, we provide pre-designed affiliate links, banners, and other materials. So, all you have to do is to choose the promo and simply copy the code.
To get your personal affiliate link you need to join the Semrush affiliate program and your application must be approved.
After that, you get access to affiliate promo materials that are available in your affiliate profile. You choose a specific promo, copy the code, and share it.
We do our best to reply to all incoming requests as soon as possible. Normally, we reply within 24 hours Monday to Friday. If you send us emails during weekends and/or public holidays, you can expect a reply on a Monday (for inquiries arriving during weekends) or on the first business day following a public holiday. Please take the time difference into account. In any case, please rest assured that we will reply to every request that we get.
Please contact us via the Support widget in the bottom right corner.